zaterdag 16 december 2017

Taking the Medicine

Around the campfire, the female drummer is making me feel comfortable with her rithms.
One of the Shamans lights up a ceremonial cigar and puffs over our heads for blessings and protection.
I'm suprised to make out my name while he is giving his blessings.

The potion with the MAO inhibitor is handed out.
It starts raining very softly. "These are Anna's protectors" I recall. I see as a good sign. Anna though is slightly alarmed by this. Why are they here? Already. So soon!

I hold the potion in both hands. It's cold. The glass feels frozen. I try to warm it up but my hands are also cold. I wait and rub softly on the glass to make the potion easier acceptable for my system.
Meanwhile, the male drummer sneaks up behind me. I felt him. He didn't surprise me.
He tells me he will help me and puts his hand on my lower back.
I accept his good intention and allow it to calm me down.

I drink.
The taste is familiar but not as strong as the first time.
I feel it descend and delude.
"Good"
The rain stops.

Then I notice this guy...he is smoking a fucking cigarette. Throws it casually into the campfire.
My campfire!
OUR! campfire!!
This is not a fucking dumpster you arrogant idiot!
You had to follow a strict diet for 2 weeks but leaving out a smoke for a day is too much to ask?
WTF?

After 5 minutes, the second potion comes around.
Also cold.
The drummer puts his hands on my shoulders. I don't think much of it...
I drink.
The campfire collpses.
It starts pouring  heavily.
I remain calm and wait for it.
Wait for it...but nothing happens.
No one pukes.
This reassures me.

We walk inside.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thank you boob-lady!