zaterdag 14 april 2018

About the pain in my belly...

...that only seems to recede when I lay on my chest, stretched on the floor.

This experience is induced by this song: Spirit Bird.

 As soon as the song goes "We've seen it all before..."
I stop resisting, wrestling and I give in...

I see my younger self.
I'm in my twenties, but centuries ago.
Dying.
In the bow of a ship.
One hand is holding my stomach.
The other is reaching for help.

Who can help me?
Only I can help myself.

That's when I see my current 42 year-old self emerging from the light shining inside through the deck opening.
I'm wearing brown leather boots, my favorite brown leather jacket, a black wool hat, sunglasses, unshaven...
I'm holding a little boy by the hand. That is also my 6 year-old self.
Innocent. Trusting.
Looking up to this bad ass man in leather.
Looking at the dying man with curiosity.
The 43yo man reaches out to me. I grab his string hand and he pulls me up into the light and on the deck.
He guides me to the steerman's position and as he puts my hand on the steering wheel I transform into a healthy, clean and well dressed captain.
The little boy looks at me like he was expecting this to happen.

The 42yo takes the boy and walks to the front of the ship.
The boy asks him: "Where are we sailing to?"
He looks down into the boys eyes with the most compassionate look and in a warm voice he replies:
"I don't know and don't you worry. He, pointing at me, knows the way."

I set the ship's course straight into a warm golden light...

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thank you boob-lady!